At Ability Rehabilitation Specialists, we have created a unique Pilates-based rehabilitation approach to address musculoskeletal and neurological imbalances. Pilates is a method of exercise and movement designed to stretch, strengthen and balance your whole body. With a systematic approach to breathing and retraining of core muscle activation, Pilates has proven itself invaluable not only as a fitness method, but as an integral tool in all realms of physical rehabilitation.
The benefits of Pilates include:
- Building strength without adding excess muscle bulk.
- Improving flexibility, coordination and balance.
- Creating core strength, that is strengthening the abdominal, pelvic, hip, buttocks and low back muscles.
- Correcting old postural patterns and replacing them with more efficient ways to move the body.
- Preventing and treating osteoporosis.